Sunday, March 1, 2009

2..4..6..8.. Anya's who we Appreciate!

I know, that title is cheesy. I couldn't help myself. This was a lot of fun to make. It's good to change things up and think in 3-D. It all started with Cheer Anya from the Greeting Farm and this Martha Stewart felt pennant garland (from the clearance aisle, money saver!). The card is a stair step fold I found on Splitcoaststampers. You cut your paper to 10.5X5. Then score at 1.25, 2.5, 4.25, 6, and 8.25. Then I added the back piece that the pennant is attached to. I didn't have any ribbon with red and green and the width I wanted so I made my own (money saver!). I used red A Muse ribbon and colored the white stitches green with the Copic marker I used on her uniform. I made the pom-poms with DMC floss I had around. I want to make a tutorial for you. I think it will be much easier understand than written instructions. Stay Tuned!
Copic Markers: Eoo, BG10, R29, R39, YG05, G05, E33, E37, R20
Cardstock: SU Real Red, Pale Green, fuzzy turquoise dot, turquoise Archivers
Cuttlebug embossing folder: D'vine Swirl
Pom-Poms: DMC Floss
Felt Pennant Garland: Martha Stewart at Micheal's
Punch: Marvy Southwest

8 comments:

Cathy said...

This is sooo cute!! I love it!!

Tami Wood said...

Erin
this is fricken' awesome. YOu GO girl. I think this line is my new fav. and its all your fault. I want some of their stamps. You are so on the cutting edge.

can you bring what you own for show and tell at the next atc meeting? pretty please.

Cassie said...

this is amazing!! i just love it!! looking forward to your tutorial!!

Big Sis said...

That is too cute. You are going to send it to your favorite person, right? LOL I can't wait to get it!

joey said...

Hi Erin, oh my gosh this is fabulous, I love those little pom poms so cute, love the fold too. joey.x

Jenn said...

Super-duper cute! These stamps are my new faves and I came across your card on Splitcoast - which is what brought me to your blog. Gonna have to follow for sure now because I LOVE your stuff! :D

Maria said...

Wow, Erin! Your card is very cheerful! Anya looks like she is having a whole lot of fun. I love the stair step fold. You did a beautiful job creating your card. Love you coloring and the fabulous color combo. Such a fun card!

Maria

WickedPixie said...

WoW! I love your card and really want to know how you made the pom poms!