Monday, March 2, 2009

Pom-Pom Tutorial

When I uploaded the following images I realized two things. 1. I need lotion and a manicure (thanks Minnesota winters) & 2. I have my mothers hands, like two bricks on my wrists.

Hold on to your hats, here we go.



1. I started with 6 pieces of DMC floss about 8 inches long. I'm sure you could do this with any type of string, I just have tons of colors in DMC. Use more or less for the size of pom-pom you want.











2. Wrap it around your finger (not so tight that you can't get it off).






3. Take it off your finger.

4. Tie a spare piece of DMC around the middle of your bundle of floss making a "belt".






5. Tie several knots, you don't want this coming untied.






6. Cut all the loops on both sides of your "belt".















7. Hold the cut ends in two fingers.









8. SQUEEZE!!!









9. While still holding on to your "squeeze" give your pom-pom a hair cut to the appropriate width.






















10. Glue to your image. I use Zip Dry, you want something strong and that dries fast. Fluff your pom-pom and your done.












3 comments:

Big Sis said...

ROFLMAO... I hope Mom isn't reading this! Great tutorial!

WickedPixie said...

Thanks for the tutorial!

Mary said...

Erin you are awesome!