Thursday, March 26, 2009

Well, she is a rock star to a 3 year old.

I was stumped when I read about Club Anya's Rebel Rocker contest. I thought I may not enter when nothing came to mind. The challenge was to create your favorite rockstar out of an Anya or Ian stamp. Then my 3 year old came up with the perfect answer. Deedee Doodle! If you don't have a preschooler you may not know who the Doodlebops are (consider yourself lucky), but to a 3 year old Deedee is a Rock God. Now that I think about it, I would take the Doodlebops over Hanna Montana any day of the week. I used Nurse Anya because she had the perfect hair and dress shape.

The masking was a little difficult and I can't draw to save my life, but here she is. It may be hard to see but the background is embossed with a checkerboard texture plate. And your not seeing things, Deedee's skin is pale purple.

4 comments:

Big sis said...

That looks sooooo awesome. Way to think outside the box!

joey said...

Hi, oooooh I had to smile from ear to ear when I read the doodlebops! lol, fantastic card,I love your colouring on her. Joey.x

WickedPixie said...

That's so much fun! I have to show that to my daughter, she'll love it. She used to watch the Doodlebops all of the time. Even though she's nine now I think she still would if she remembered! (I got tired of seeing the same episodes all of the time and I took them off of the Tivo Season pass - she tends to forget about a show if Tivo quits recording it. Mean of me, I know!)

I know what you mean about the Copics. I started buying mine less than a month a go and I said to my husband, "You just bought a motorcycle we will be paying on for five years, I think I can get a lot of markers in return!" Can you believe he bought that argument! Good Guy!

tamara.schake said...

Erin -- this rocks! I have seen some of the entries over on the Greetings Farm - and it is amazing how much fun you could have with this challenge. Your's is one of the tops and very very unique.