Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Don't be a Square challenge


WHAT IS IT?We all know that the square or square-ish (rectangle) card is the most popular card around. But what about all the little non-squares? Today is the day where these little guys shine! So go head and think 'outside the box'.

It's challenge time over at The Greetings Farm blog again. This card gave me a good reason to use all my goodies in my "Asian" box. Yes, I actually have a box labeled "Asian". It's the OCD. I purchased the cards at a scrap sale a year or so ago. Geisha Anya was just the reason I needed to crack them open. I covered them with the paper you use for origami and matched my kimono colors from there. The belt is also origami paper. Her head and flower are popped up with foam tape. This was not my original idea, but after I screwed up the hair on my original but like the kimono I made it work. There are no mistakes, only opportunities to embellish. I colored a new face and cut the head off and popped it up, then added the popped flower for even more dimension. I few dots of stickles on the flower for shine, and voila!


Stamp: The Greeting Farm
Copics: BV04, B93, B97, 100, C5, C7, R29
Gelly Roll Metalic Black
Stickles
Stampendous Brushed Pewter Kimono Card
Aizome Chiyogami Paper

4 comments:

Big Sis said...

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! Way TOO cute! You are awesome! I am so jealous of your creativity; you must have gotten it from Mom.

BTW... Jeff got his vacation approved. SEE YOU IN MAY!!!!!

Tami Wood said...

Erin.
You are so creative. I love all your recent posts and congrats on getting your card mentioned on the blog. I love your art.

WickedPixie said...

WOWZA! That is awesome! (And LOL about the "opportunities to embellish! I have popped up heads so often for that very same reason!) :-) Traci

Linda said...

Oh my goodness ~ this card is beautiful! The colors are so rich and regal ~ you did a great job! Congratulations! Aloha, Linda