Sunday, April 12, 2009

Letterboxing Journals

Sorry I haven't posted in a few days but I've been on the move. Dr.'s appointment, trip to the zoo, and letterboxing. That brings me to my project for today. These are two letterboxing journals I made for someone. So, What the H*%L is letterboxing? You should go check it out at http://www.atlasquest.com/ . It's a great way to spend time with the family and get some much needed exercise. Oh, and it involves my favorite thing STAMPS! My hubby is hooked. We spent most of the weekend walking in some great parks.

I made the journals from art sketch books that come 3X5. The cover comes off easily to decorate as you like. The lilacs are colored with Copics and the lighthouse with watercolor pencils. I did have them laminated at OfficeMax since they are used outside and have potential to be rained on. The lamination also gives the journal some stability for stamping on. I also made my first hand carved stamp. It defiantly takes practice, and the more basic the stamp the better.



Have a Hoppy Easter : )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rhe Rhe did you make your own letterbox?