Monday, June 29, 2009

Happy 4th from up North!

I've been having fun making some fast favors for a 4th of July party we are invited to. All my inspiration came from magazines this week. I saw the fans in Martha Stewart Living (page 44 July 09 issue) and the Lifesaver firecrackers in Family Fun Magazine (page 20 July 09 issue). I just tweaked it to make them mine.

I found the best deal on the paper fans from http://www.houserice.com/. I purchased some extra so you will seeing them again some time. They just scream Geisha Anya. I thought they needed a string so you can carry it around your wrist when not in use. Thus the tag was born. I did also stamp the bamboo front and back piece with red Stazon. I don't recommend this unless your brave. The bamboo isn't flat and very slick, much like stamping on acetate the way the stamp slips so easily.

Stamps: Papertrey Let Freedom Ring, Simply Stamped

CS & Ink: SU Real Read & Night of Navy

Circle Punches: 1 3/4, 1 3/8, 1 1/8

DMC Floss








The Lifesaver firecrackers were so quick and easy. It's just a 3.5X3 inch piece of paper then add a 3X1.5 band for interest. The sparkler top is a Wilton Patriotic Foil Fun Pix (12 for .99) stuck down through the middle of the Lifesaver roll. Do you have any idea how hard it is the find a roll of Lifesavers anymore? All you see is the gummie ones anymore. If you are going to make a lot I would check Sams of Costco. I will have to see if any of the dollar stores have them.






4 comments:

Jenny said...

I just came home from the store and saw your post... I had such a hard time finding rolled lifesavers too! I almost resorted to getting a different candy. Great job with the picks. I don't think we have those where I live.

Erin said...

Jenny - I got the Lifesavers and the picks at Micheals.

Tami Wood said...

so cute are you at a cabin???? have fun you crafty woman!

Big Sis said...

God, you are talented! Why didn't I get just a small bit of it in my genes? Must come from the Lappe side. Too, too cute!

CJ loves the Legos, BTW. He hasn't stopped playing with them yet. In fact, I woke-up to them fighting over them this morning.