Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Vintageish ATC

Warning: If your in Wendy's ATC group and don't want to see it before you get it in the mail don't look.

I ran across some Woman's Day Magazines from the 40's at a yard sale and fell in love with the old ads. The mixer is from Clear Art Stamps and looks exactly like the one my grandmother had. I remember her making mashed potatoes and the steam rising out of the mixer bowl as she cut each potato up and threw it in. This was a rare threat since we only got instant potatoes at home that somewhat resembled the taste and texture of paste. Thus an ATC is born. I promise it looks better in person. I so want a better camera for close up work.

Ads from 1940's
Stamp - Clear Art Stamps Sweet Stuff
Copic - C0, C3, E41, BG10
1 3/8 circle punch
yellow scallop circle punch
Ribbon - May Arts
CS - SU Real Red

2 comments:

Donna said...

Erin - I LOVE this! You did a great job. Love,love,love the vintage!

Big Sis said...

Paste? Hell, it tastes like watered down flour with a pat of butter and some salt and pepper. If I remember right, they were in an institutional size can and called TRIO... YUCK!
Cute card!