Monday, July 6, 2009

My Craft Loft - Part 1

I don't know about you, but my favorite part of a scrap magazine is when they show someones crafting space. I love to see how people organize there stuff. Now my little loft will never be in a magazine but it's my space and I love it all the same. When we moved to MN almost 2 years ago my husband picked the house since I was still back in IN until ours sold. That is a very scary thought for most of us. Overall he did a good job (except for the "laundry" closet). One of my requirements was some type of scrapping area. At our old house I had about a 8 X 20 space in the basement. Now I have half that space in an open loft on the top floor. So when you can't go anywhere else you go up, hence so much hanging on the walls. I do have a window but I never open it since I have so much stuff in the way. The 2 white shelves are from Making Memories. They hold all my MM paint, part of my ribbon, and my flowers. The bar on the wall that holds punches is from Ikea (I love that place). The giant cupcake is my chocolate stash, a must. I have several containers of overflowing things, adhesive, junk paper, stamped images I haven't colored or used yet (great for last minute cards), signature stamps and ATC back stamps, inchie backs, and one basket of various ink pads in black mostly. I have 2 Ott lights and still not as much light as I would like. The tool turn about that I spin around 3 times before I see the one thing I'm looking for. The TV was a gift from my hubby, I love the flat screen it takes up so much less room. I also have a DVD player to watch chick flicks on. In the pink bucket are all my Greetings Farm stamps begging to be inked. The cube with the glass door holds my Prismacolor makers and my Stampin' Up ribbon. On top of that is my white cardstocks and a scrap paper binder. The tables are basic banquet tables with the white plastic type top from Sams. Maybe some day I will have real tables. Under the tables are empty boxes and my big rolling tote (and lots of junk I don't know what to do with). I also have a plastic 3 drawer rolling cart that acts as Addison's craft table. It's always covered with stickers and marker. I will show you more soon so stay tuned.

2 comments:

Linda said...

TFS - I love to see craft/scrap rooms too! Your space looks very happy and welcoming. Aloha, Linda

~*Joni said...

WOW! What a wonderful space! :D I love seeing how other people create and your craft room is such eye candy. I hosted a craft room tour on my blog last week and will be posting the links in my sidebar. LMK if you want me to include yours!