Sunday, August 23, 2009

Land O 10,000 Lakes

I can't claim the original thought for this card. I was teaching a Greeting Farm class when the owner commented that Navajo Anya looked like the Land O Lakes girl. Well I had to give it a try. This is for the Farm Fresh Friday Sketch Challenge 5 on the Greeting Farm blog. Since I live in MN the Land O 10,000 Lakes, I thought it was appropriate. After a little research on the Indian maidens clothes and the packaging I was off. To make the water I used my Copic airbrush. The trees are from the new Martha S. border punch that is the Christmas village. I cut each one off the stripe and adhered them in rows. A little shading with the Copics added a shore line. The challenge was to use stitching in some was with the sketch. It felt like it needed an outline so I used brown DMC floss stitch around the image.
Stamps: The Greeting Farm Navajo Anya
Copic: C3, C5, C7, C9, 0, B14, B16, R24, R29, R21, E11, E13, YR21, YR23
Trees: Martha Stewart punch
CS: Lemon Tart Papertrey, Green American Craft, Gold, Brown, Red
DMC Floss
Sizzix Wildflowers Dies


8 comments:

Ruth Ann said...

Erin - this card as usual is great. How did you do the Land O Lakes? Thanks again for a great class.

Robin said...

Okay - This is FABULOUS!! As your MN neighbor I recognized the Land-O-Lakes packaging right away and could not BELIEVE how PERFECT your card turned out!!!

Big Sis said...

I really think you have too much time on your hands. LOL

mARY said...

tHIS IS SO CUTE ERIN....BUT WHAT WE USE TO DO WITH THE BUTTER BOX....CUT OFF HER KNEES AND CUT OUT THE BOX OF CUTTER IN HER HANDS...PUT THE KNEES IN PLACE OF THE BUTTER BOX...AND IT WOULD LOOK LIKE HER BOOBS.....OH I KNOW...JUST DUMB MINNESOTA HUMOR

WickedPixie said...

Erin! This is SO creative and fun and looks fabulous! Great card!! :-)Traci

Kristina Lewis said...

Love it! You have mad skills!

Donna said...

Erin
WOW! This is so awesome, I love it.
Just wanted to let you know Cindy showed me what you did for your class and man you just knock out some wonderful stuff. You are so creative and I love your paper choices. Great job!

Snail Mail Creations said...

When i first saw this card I was like Omg Wow!! This was such a creative idea, even if it didnt start out as your own. I never would have thought she looked like the land o lake girl and then been able to actually put her on paper :) I love this!