Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Christmas Teacher Gifts

Before you get into my post for today I'm going to toot my own horn for a second. My Little Sweetie card is one of the featured 12 days of Christmas cards on Club Anya today. It's the eight cand colored layers. Go check it out here.

This is my first year to have teachers to buy gifts for. I never know what to do and worry about is it to little or to much. So I made note pads with matching gift card holders. The gift card template you can find here:

I made a few tweaks of my own. Rounded all the corners and added the ribbon and the extra DP for the inside.
CS: SU Garden Green
DP: Martha Stewart Frosty Gingerbread
Ribbon: Michaels
Quickuts gingerbread cookie cutter die
Punch: Martha
Gingerbread Felt Ribbon: Martha

Here you can see my gingerbread boy and girl I scuffed with brown ink and added the white with gell pen.


Back side




In bags with toppers. I used the SU top notes die and a gingerbread man punch I got from Michaels last year. Then put some kraft paper behind him so he pops.



4 comments:

Pam Varnell said...

Love, love, love these gift card holders and bags Erin. You did a wonderful job with these teacher's gifts. I know they are going to love them.

Congrats on having your Candy Cane card on the CA blog. I knew it was a winner when I saw it. It's just gorgeous. Hugs!!

Big Sis said...

Sissy's teachers will be thrilled. Those are really nice.

Laura Thorpe said...

These are so cute! I love the design.

StampOwl said...

fabulous gift card holder, thanks for playing along with C4C