Saturday, February 27, 2010

Ever have one of those cards?

Have you ever had one of those cards? You know, one that no matter what you do it doesn't look right. That's what happened to me today. Maybe my mojo is off, maybe it's a full moon tonight. Nothing was speaking to me on this one. Then on top of it all I realized I used a stamp that doesn't even qualify for the challenge I was making the card for. So I give up, time to move on. RIP poor sad card.

The sketch is from ESS #72 challenge. This was also for the Club Anya and Friends Monday Mania Monochromatic Challenge. I don't know if this qualifies as monochromatic or not. Pink is a shade of red, so is that monochromatic? Doesn't matter anyway since I used a Twinkle Tots stamp, which is not an approved stamp for CA&F challenges.

Stamps: TGF Lottie, Sentiment SU One Smart Cookie
DP: SU Summer Picnic, Prints Pack, Patterns Pack
Copic: E50, E51, E93, E25, E27, E29, R24, R27, R29, R81, R83, R85, R89
Nesties Circle
On a better note, we went for a hike this morning. A fellow hiker left us a message in the snow. It reads "Is it spring yet? Enjoy Winter" Funny that 34 feels warm to us. It was beautiful out and sunny. We walked about 2 miles with our puppy Bella. She had the most energy of all of us. Pea found a stick just her size and enjoyed our first hike of the year.

4 comments:

Grandma Jan said...

We certainly do have the snow still don't we. I took to the streets in our neighborhood and took photos of all the snow this morning too.

Big Sis said...

I think your card is really cute. Wow! Time looks great!

Tracy said...

Ohh Erin this is super cute! Love the red!!! Thanks for playing along with this weeks sketch!

Hugs,
Tracy

Anonymous said...

love the red color and that's a cute image!-anthonette