Friday, February 12, 2010

No Pink or Red Valentine

I've been a bad blogger the past few days. Thursday we attended my daughters first preschool Valentine's party. She had a lot of fun singing, dancing, playing a candy game, play doh and making heart cookies with cutters, coloring, making a picture frame, and a heart crown. Wow, I'm exhausted thinking about it. Friday night I was at a monthly shoebox swap. I hope to get in a little craft time this weekend. I need to get some ATC's for next weeks meeting ready. On a happy note, my Sweet Little Valentine card made the top 3 on the Anya Ink challenge blog. So soon you will see a new badge in my sidebar.

Today's card is for Club Anya and Friends Monday Mania challenge. The challenge was to make a Valentines Day card with NO pink or red. Once I found my paper with hearts that didn't have those colors I was set. The kraft and blue colors made me think of a more masculine cards so I inked up Edward. The sketch I used is from this weeks Eat Sleep Stamp challenge #70.

Stamp: TGF Edward & Hello-Go-Round
Copic: E50, E51, E93, E41, E42 ,E43 ,E44, E47, E49, Y06, Y08, BG10, BG11
DP: K & Co Ka-Zoo
CS: Papertrey Dark Chocolate
Nesties: Lg Labels, Standard Circles SM
Ink: SU Crushed Curry

6 comments:

Big Sis said...

cute! Looking forward to seeing more creations this week!

Pam Varnell said...

Oh Erin you did so good on this challenge. I love Edward and your card with his is just gorgeous.

Amy said...

Brilliant take on this challenge Erin... going the masculine direction works perfectly and it still totally looks like a Valentine! Love it! :)

Sammi said...

Great card Erin, doesn't Edward look adorable!! That party sounds like fun :D
xxx

Tracy said...

What's not to love about this?? Everything about it is fantastic!! My favorite part is that it's a non traditional Valentine. You definately rocked this girl!! Thank you for playing along with this weeks sketch!

Hugs,
Tracy

Anonymous said...

wow! talk about great coloring and all the colors go so well together. way to go! -anthonette