Saturday, March 27, 2010

Oh, Alice! CHAPTER 6 & a BIG Dormouse Announcement

Chapter 6: The Red Queen's FINE PRINT...

"The Red Queen shook her head, "You may call it 'nonsense' if you like," she said, "but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"

This week we're getting down to business and reading the "fine print" at Oh, Alice!

We're also SO excited to be welcoming Digital Delights by Louby Loo as our sponsor this week! WOW! What a lucky group we are! Wendy from Digital Delights has not only graced the DT with some super fun Alice-inspired images to use, but is giving away a TEN DOLLAR GIFT CERTIFICATE to one lucky winner who will be randomly drawn from all the entries this week! THANKS Wendy!

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to create a card using some form of TEXT/Printed DP, Old Book pages, Newspaper print, Old dictionary, etc. We just need to see SOME form of printed text on your card or project!


It was hard to pick which image to use since all of Digital Delights digis are so cute. I used sheet music as my printed text. I also popped up the Queens crown and hearts on her skirt with pop dots. The fun designer paper is from Stampin Up. I colored with Copics, of course.

So what's the big announcement your asking? I have been invited to be Oh, Alice's official Dormouse. What does that mean? Well besides getting to stick around to hang out at the tea party with the fabulous 13 and The Mad Hatter (Jessica) I will be the greeter/good will ambassador for Oh, Alice. I'm here to give all you crafty artists a little TLC from Oh, Alice. I'll be stopping by everyone that participates blog each weeks to welcome you to our curious little challenge blog. Now in the original story at the end of the tea party the March Hare and the Mad Hatter stuff the sleepy Dormouse into a tea pot. Hopefully Jessica won't want to do this to me. I'm choosing to see myself as the Dormouse from Tim Burtons version. Much more heroic (and awake).

Be sure to come back to Oh, Alice again next Saturday for another Sponsored event with another PRIZE up for grabs! If you upload your creation to a public gallery this week, please use keyword OAC6. Challenge deadline is April 2 , at 8 PM CST.
Have a WONDERFUL week in Wonderland, all!

11 comments:

Peggy said...

Gorgeous card Erin! Glad to have you as our "doormouse"!

Tasha said...

WOW this is gorgeous Erin. Im so pleased you are the Doormouse, your work is a credit to any team
love tasha xx

Mary Giles (OhioMary) said...

Congrats and welcome Erin!!! You are a fabulous Doormouse and addition to the Oh, Alice DT. Your card is amazing and doesn't miss any detail. Everything just builds the whole theme. Marvelous!

Betty Boo! said...

Beautiful card Erin! So glad you are staying... I agree with Jessica too much talent to let go!

Betty

Jen Shults said...

Erin this is so fun! I love all the layers you used and the layout! I'm so happy you are joining us... your work is always fabulous!! Hugs!!

Wendy said...

This is beautfiul Erin!!

Big Sis said...

CONGRATS, SIS!

Sammi said...

I LOVE this Erin! Gorgeous work!!
And so pleased to have you as our "doormouse" and we don't have to say farewell :) lol!! YAY!!!
Sammi
xxx

Basement Stamper said...

Congrats on being the "doormouse" for Oh, Alice!! FUN!!!

I love the background diamonds behind the Queen on this card and the flowers which have the musical note sheets. Very cute!!!

margie c said...

Woo hoo! Congrats on becoming 'the doormouse'! How fun :)
All of you cards amaze me! This one is stunning! I love that you used sheet music! and the bow and flowers are gorgeous!

Happy Monday!
hugs, margie

Catherine said...

How's my fave dormouse doing?!? I'm sooooooooo happy you are staying with us! Yay!!!!!!!
I am really liking this card! The colors are great and I love the dimension on the hearts! Tea-riffic job!