Friday, March 19, 2010

Oh, Alice Chapter Five: Who are YOU?

CHAPTER 5: WHOOOOOOOO RRRRRRRRRRR YOUUUUUUUU?

"Who are YOU?" said the Caterpillar.
This was not an encouraging opening for a conversation. Alice replied, rather shyly, "I--I hardly know, sir, just at present-- at least I know who I WAS when I got up this morning, but I think I must have been changed several times since then."


This week we are celebrating SPRING here in Wonderland! And, we have some WONDERFUL winged-things to show off courtesy of this week's sponsor, our very own Jen Shults! Jen's stamp company, Wild Flower Kids, has grown to be a favorite of mine and we are SO honored that she's agreed to sponsor the Oh, Alice! Blog by showcasing one of her new lines "All-A-Flutter"! Jen was gracious enough to provide the DT with some of these wonderfully cute and whimsical images as well...Check them out at the Oh, Alice Blog.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it is to create a card using a CATERPILLAR or BUTTERFLY on your projects this week! You have until Friday, March 26th to submit your entries by 8pm CST. Winner will be announced on Saturday 3/26 during our next challenge and the WINNER will receive the "All-a-Flutter" digital images from Jen! This week's keyword is OAC5.

That's about it! Just upload your card and link to Mr. Linky, and we'll stop by to see your amazing creations! HAPPY SPRING, everyone! See you next week!Here is my card for the challenge. For the large butterfly I colored the brown with Copic markers then cut out all the "holes" with an exacto knife. Then I backed it with the Cosmo Cricket DP. The bodies of all the butterflies are painted with Distress Stickles.

10 comments:

Betty Boo! said...

Gorgeous! We are so going to rock TGF!! hee hee

Sammi said...

This is GORGEOUS Erin!! LOVE the way you blew up the sentiment and used it as the main part of the card! Gorgeous layout too!
Sammi
xxx

Teresa Kline aka va.sunshine said...

such beautiful colors and butterfly...have a fantastic weekend!

enjoy *~*

WickedPixie said...

Very cool card! I also have to say, I love how you put your supplies on the pic of the inside of the card! :-)Traci

Tasha said...

This is stunning Erin i love those butterflies they are beautiful
love tasha xx

Big Sis said...

So pretty!

2amscrapper said...

Great take on the challenge, love the background paper.

Basement Stamper said...

Beautiful card, love that Cosmo Cricket paper and the butterfly & sentiment is gorgeous!

Jen Shults said...

Holy macaroni this is gorgeous! I love how you used that butterfly on the designer papers!!! This is just WOW!! (And can I just say that is genius to list your info on the card digitally like that!) Very nice card Erin!

Catherine said...

Hi Erin! I'm so sorry I missed commenting here when I made my rounds earlier this week! DUH! Double DUH because I loved your card when I saw it on OA! Earth Love is one of my fave paper collections, and I really like the way you let the sentiment take center stage, framed by Jen's beautiful butterflies. Gorgeous card!