Friday, March 12, 2010

Oh, Alice Sketch Challenge

CHAPTER 4: Picturing Wonderland

"Thus grew the tale of Wonderland:Thus slowly, one by one,Its quaint events were hammered out -And now the tale is done,And home we steer, a merry crew, Beneath the setting sun.

Alice! a childish story take,And with gentle hand lay it were Childhood's dreams are twined. In Memory's mystic band,Like pilgrim's wither'd wreath of flowers
Pluck'd in a far-off land..."


We have another sketch Challenge today, this time brought to us by our very own Pam Varnell! Pam created this sketch JUST for the Oh, Alice! DT blog and it just reminds me of Wonderland itself!


Here's the sketch:




I did something a little different this week. It's not a card, but on an 8X8 canvas. Can you tell I have been devouring Tim Holtz new book A Compendium of Curiosities? It's kind of like crack, after your first hit your hooked. Let me know what you think. Also, I will be announcing the winners of my blog candy later today.
We would love for you to plunge Down the Rabbit hole with us again this week! All you have to do is upload your creation and link it using Mr. Linky below! The keyword this week for public galleries is OAC4.

There's no time limit for this week's sketch, so take your time here in Wonderland and ENJOY!

14 comments:

Pam Varnell said...

This card just blew me away when I saw it Erin. LOVE this. You are so creative girl!!!!

Sammi said...

ooooh.... I didn't realise it was a canvas when I saw it bhind the scenes :) I LOVE it! Think it looks AMAZING!! Awesome job Erin!!
Sammi
xxx

Tinker and JingeBear's Mom said...

Erin - you are a gal after my own heart! I adore this canvas and all the little details you've incorporated! It's pure delight!
~ky

Amy said...

OMGosh Erin this is a work of art! How freakin' cool... WOW!

Mary Giles (OhioMary) said...

This is just sooo cool! I have a hard time parting with sooo many cool embelishments. Was that hard for you? LOL. This is a great project!

Tasha said...

Erin this is out of this world stunning, so creative. I love the frame and the key holes. Beautiful artwork Erin
love tasha xx

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Gosh, Erin, I love the collage-y look to this amazing card!! You ROCK!!!

2amscrapper said...

Just had to stop by from the Oh Alice site to say how much I love your interpretation of Wonderland.

RiNNE said...

This is just marvelous, Erin! I love the canvas and your embellishments. So beautiful!

sPaRkLiNg sCrApBoOkS said...

OMG, I love your blog name, stamp till you cramp- awesome!! Your work is gorgeous, and thanks so much for your sweet note! Last time I messed up and put my link without doing the challenge- yikes!!! I just love having this challenge site! I need to try more of them!!!!!! xOxO deb

Catherine said...

Love that you did something diff (non-card) and all the yummy Tim Holtz goodies! The colors are amazing - rich and vintage. Gorgeous!

Scrappy Witch said...

WOWZA! Erin that is one fabulous card!

Betty

Kristy Young said...

OMG I cant believe forgot to comment on your card!! Eeek soo sorry Erin. This card is absolutly fabulous, you are way too talented girl.
Kristy xx

margie c said...

Wow! This is outstanding! I love all the details! What a wonderful piece of art!

hugs, margie