Sunday, March 7, 2010

Oliver and his dino friends

ATTENTION: I HAVE BLOG CANDY! SEE POST BELOW TO ENTER.

I have 2 challenges in one for you today.

First is the Monday Mania challenge at Club Anya and Friends. The challenge was to use circles, dots, spots, and anything round in your card. I snuck this one in under the wire. It was due at 6PM and I got it turned in at 5:55. Nothing like waiting till the last minute.

The second challenge I used was the Friday Sketchers challenge. I saw the round sketch and knew it was just what I needed.

I used the new Oliver and Amelia set from The Greeting Farm. Isn't he a cutie, he reminds me of my nephew, CJ. In fact I had his birthday in mind when I made this card.

Stamps: TGF Oliver from Happy Day, sentiment A Muse
Copic: E50, 51, 93, 42, 43, 11, 13, 15, 18, 19
YG03, 05, 67, 95, 97
B32, 34
BG72, 75
DP: My Minds Eye Abbey Rd. - Stomp
Sizzix Circle Scallop
google eyes
We had a busy weekend as usual. I did get to see the new Alice in Wonderland yesterday. It was wonderful in 3-D. The colors, special effects, and costumes were unreal. Also, I got to make a little pit stop at Archivers. With my 30% off coupon I got Tim Holtz new book A Compendium of Curiosities. It's a great reference on how to use all his products and techniques for distressing. If you get the chance take a look. Today we did a 3.5 mile hike then off to my hubby's new favorite stores, IKEA & REI. No he doesn't like to shop at IKEA, he just really likes the Swedish meatballs at their restaurant (and today a meal was only $1, WOW). REI is an outdoor sporting goods store that has claimed a healthy percentage of our income as of late. Today wasn't for him though, he wanted to get me some new hiking boots that were waterproof for the spring. My DD also made out like a bandit getting a new hiking shirt and pants. You really can't find toddler sized outdoor gear anywhere. He already took her on Saturday and got her new hiking shoes too. Hopefully they still fit by the end of the fall.

5 comments:

Lynda Nielsen said...

Wow, I love the card, I haven't used my little Oliver and Amelia yet, I'm dying to though... You have done such a great job! =)
Sounds like you had a busy weekend.... I'll have to check out that book for sure! Thanks for sharing =)
Hugs
Lynda

aardvarkpest said...

Lovely card.Love the new Oliver stamps and the dinosaur paper.

Michele said...

Oh such an adorable card. Love the image you've used and the colours also. Hugs Michele x

theneon said...

Erin -- a delightful rendition of the challenge sketch -- your background paper is stunning and so is your card. Hope you had a great hike -- should come hike the Grand Canyon (if you haven't done it). Arizona in the spring is a great place to be. Thanks so much for visiting my blog and becoming a follower -- I an honored!

Tasha said...

fabulous card Erin, love the mix of paper and fabulous colourwork
love tasha xx