Saturday, June 12, 2010

Oh, Alice Chapter 17: Mad Watch...

March Hare: Its going mad!

Alice: Oh, my goodness!

White Rabbit: Oh dear!

March Hare: It is going mad! Mad watch!

Mad Hatter: I don't understand, it's the best butter.

March Hare: Mad watch! Mad watch! Mad watch!

Mad Hatter: Oh, look! Oh my goodness!

March hare: There's only one way to stop a mad watch!

Mad Hatter: Two days slow, that's what it is.

Greetings, everyone! A VERY Merry Unbirthday to ALL! Well, at least, that's the scene this excerpt from Disney's 1951 adaptation of Alice in Wonderland was taken from! It's ALWAYS your unbirthday here in WONDERLAND :)

We are thrilled BEYOND WONDERLAND today to announce our sponsor this week, a company that we just adore: MY FAVORITE THINGS! We are so grateful to Kim and Jody for offering to sponsor our little challenge blog and with a HUGE prize, I might add! It really WILL be someone's un-birthday! MFT is offering a $25 Gift Certificate to the store PLUS a scalloped scallop die from their new Dienamics line! HOW exciting is THAT?!?

So, how can you enter to win? For this week's challenge, we have a beautiful inspiration piece, found on the CraftStylish blog. Actually, our Mad Hatter liked it so much that she tried to track it down but to no avail so far! The Mad Hatter NEEDS this piece, LOL! That beautiful flower, steampunk vintage gorgeousness and all the classic timepiece elements to this are just GORGEOUS and we know it will make a FABULOUS inspiration challenge- two days slow or not!
Your mission this week? Show us YOUR take on this "Mad" watch. You can use the colors, play off the time piece, blue flower, color combos, steampunk theme...the possibilities are ENDLESS, just like the deadline for this week's challenge, HA! To enter to WIN this awesome prize from MFT, just have your entry in using In Linkz by Friday, June 18th at 8pm CST! Have a VERY MERRY time creating!
For my card this week I used the colors from the inspiration piece. I just loved this MFT image and thought her dress should be lacey. I paper pieced the designer paper from DCWV Linen Closet. The sketch is from Mojo Monday week 142. I distressed all the paper with Tim Holtz Antique Linen ink for a vintage feel.
Stamp: My Favortie Things
Ribbon: Lace, PT Twil Aqua Mist
DP: DCWV Linen Closet
Copic: E31, 43, 44, 50, 51, 93
G40, W2, BG0000, 000, 01, 02, 10, 11, 13
TH Distress Ink: Antique Linen
Nesties: Standard Circles SM, Lattice Pendants
MS Punches: Rings
See you next week, everyone!

9 comments:

Claireabelle said...

Fabulous card Erin, i just love her hair!!
x

Peggy said...

I love your card!! The blue hair and the paper pieced dress are fantastic ideas!! I started with this image and had too much white. You have given me some ideas now!! TFS!!

Basement Stamper said...

Great minds think alike, I really drew from that turquoise color too and loved this image. I love how soft you made the card and the paper pieced dress is GORGEOUS!

Lynne Phelps said...

Love the lace dress - she looks more like the White Queen, lovely! Also love the way you did two corners with the punch, I always feel like I have to keep going (and going and going!)
WONDERful card!

margie c said...

Beautiful card, Erin! I love her blue hair, and the pieced dress is perfect!

BTW, the flower with feather that I used on my card is from K&Company. But looks very easy and fun to try to create on your own :)

hugs, margie

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohh she is BEAUTIFUL.

Deconstructing Jen said...

Oh this is awesome and vintage and wonderful. Gorgeous work!

Big Sis said...

love the lacy dress

the whimsical butterfly said...

This is terrific, erin! I LOVE her blue hair and your entire take on the inspiration piece!