Saturday, July 24, 2010

Oh, Alice Chapter 23: Ravens and Writing Desks...

The Hatter opened his eyes very wide on hearing this; but all he said was, "Why is a raven like a writing-desk?"
"Come, we shall have some fun now!" thought Alice. "I'm glad they've begun asking riddles. — I believe I can guess that," she added aloud.
"Do you mean that you think you can find out the answer to it?" said the March Hare.
"Exactly so," said Alice.
"Then you should say what you mean," the March Hare went on.
"I do," Alice hastily replied; "at least--at least I mean what I say--that's the same thing, you know."

Hello everyone!

We are ready to FLY with this week's challenge here at Oh, Alice!

This week, we challenge you to use BIRDS on your card or papercrafting project! We may never know the answer to the riddle above, but while we're pondering that and life's little mysteries we may as well make a great card or two in the process, right?
When I first saw that this weeks challenge was birds I thought hey, no biggie.  Then I started searching for bird stamps.  I was shocked at how few I have, and they all were tiny little birds.  I looked for bird chipboard, no go.  I did find this fun Scenic Route designer paper.  It set the color theme for me.  I finally decided to do what I do and combine a few challenges to rev up my mojo.  Speaking of mojo, the sketch I used is from an old Mojo Mondays challenge #101 (Thanks Mercy for the inspiration).  I went with one of my newest stamps in my stash, Art Is The Window.  This is a super cute set from There She Goes.  There challenge this week is to use chipboard and polka dots.  The designer paper already had great polka dots, so I knew it was meant to be.  The chipboard is the circle that the polka dot dp is attached to.  And a bird card is hatched.
Stamps:  TSG Art Is The Window
DP:  Scenic Route Laurel
Ribbon:  SU Purely Pomegranate
Copic: YG23, YG25, RV19, YR16, YR18, BG01, BG02, BG05

Fly on over to our nest at Oh, Alice and join the party!

7 comments:

Lynne Phelps said...

I think you have hatched a WONDERful bird card! I love the bright colors, you can never go wrong with polka dots, and that background paper could not be more perfect! LOVE the bright colors, so fresh and fun! :-)

Expressions of a Creative Mind said...

What perfect paper for the challenge. It's so bright & cheery.

the whimsical butterfly said...

This is DARLING, omgosh-LOVE LOVE the bright colors and that little bird is adorable! I love that image!

Peggy said...

I think we had the same thought process with our cards this week! I love the DP and your cute little image! Wonderful card!

margie c said...

Beautiful card, Erin! I love all these colors, and polka dots are so much fun! Love that papers too! Well done :)
hugs, margie

Deconstructing Jen said...

This is really fabulous (I thought about using that sketch too after seeing it on Mercy's blog). I love the bright colors and that is an adorable stamp!

Basement Stamper said...

Erin, the paper you picked in the background is fantastic! The image is too cute and the coloring is beautiful.