`Sure, it's an arm, yer honour!' (He pronounced it `arrum.')
`An arm, you goose! Who ever saw one that size? Why, it fills the whole window!'
`Sure, it does, yer honour: but it's an arm for all that.'
`Well, it's got no business there, at any rate: go and take it away!'
There was a long silence after this, and Alice could only hear whispers now and then; such as, `Sure, I don't like it, yer honour, at all, at all!' `Do as I tell you, you coward!' and at last she spread out her hand again, and made another snatch in the air. This time there were TWO little shrieks, and more sounds of broken glass. `What a number of cucumber-frames there must be!' thought Alice. `I wonder what they'll do next! As for pulling me out of the window, I only wish they COULD! I'm sure I don't want to stay in here any longer!'
Hello friends...it's CRYSTAL CLEAR that today you're all joining us for a fabulous challenge here at Oh, Alice! We have all sorts of lovely techniques for you to try today!
Your mission today with Oh, Alice, should you choose to accept it, is to try a technique using cracked glass, crystal effects (or glossy accents), or a window stamp/technique. There are TONS of possibilities with today's challenge and we are SO ready to see all of the fabulous creations you enter!
This project has been to the brink of disaster and back. When I spotted this glass bottle at a junk market I thought it looked just like the "Drink Me" bottle from the book. I thought filling it with tinted epoxy would give it a cool potion look. So off to the craft store I went. I followed the instructions to the letter. I sealed my image with modge podge and put it into the bottle. Then mixed the epoxy per the instructions and filled the bottle. I added a few drops of Adirondack Meadow alcohol ink to tint the epoxy a creepy green. Then I dropped in a few watch parts and small keys. Once it was set the image was covered with bubbles and I had some big bubbles in the bottom. The one thing that I think made the difference was that it was inside a bottle with a small neck. Maybe the epoxy couldn't breath to release the bubbles like it should. So there I was with a mess of a project. Now to repair this disaster. I scuffed the edges of the image of Alice (from Graphic 45 Halloween in Wonderland Jabberwocky) with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Tea Dye then covered it with modge podge and attached it to the bottle. The modge podge and distressing the image gave it that old label look. I embossed the tag with the Clockworks embossing folder then distressed it with Black Soot and Tea Dye ink. The sticker letters are from Making Memories as is the metal charm. I added a band of maroon velvet and rope to the neck then tied the tag with some black lace. There are no mistakes just opportunities to embellish.
Be sure to upload your card or creation using InLinkz at Oh, Alice! Have fun and we'll see you back next week! If you are uploading to a public gallery, be sure to include keyword OAC24.