Sunday, August 22, 2010

Cookbook Bookmark

Update:  Happy Day!   I won the There She Goes Challenge with this bookmark!  See it here.

I spent my Saturday in my craft room.  Not the fun way that your think though.  I was reorganizing and trying to make more space.  Which now has spread into the guest bedroom and guest bedroom closet.  I started around noon and didn't stop until 10:00.  It's still very crowded but you can walk across it without practicing your best ballet moves.  Found some more stuff that I can get rid of.  I may list some stamps on my blog for sale.  I really could use some Scrapfest funds.  Plus (the same weekend of course) is Junk Bonanza, which is the coolest junk market ever.  It's once a year and in the next town from me.  There are some advantages to living by the big city.  I always find some great vintage ephemera, plus much more.  I did get to the 2 local junk markets on Thursday.  I wish they were more often than once a month.  I found another cool metal parts drawer which brings me back to the organizing the room.  I had to find a spot for my new finds which led to the 10 hour room overhaul. 

I did get in a fast bookmark today.  This is for 4 challenges:
1)  There She Goes - Bookmarks
2)  Colour Q -













3) Flutter by Wednesday - 1 sparkle, 2 designer papers, 3 buttons or gems
4)  Pink Elephant - Ribbon & Sparkles

I made a cookbook bookmark.  My cookbooks are always covered in those little post it flags, so I thought the ribbon reminded me on them.  I used some dazzling diamonds on the pie crust to give it a little sparkle, and paper pieced the pie plate.  The little butterfly rest on my pie is a SU sizzlets die.
Stamps:  TSG Art Is The Window, sentiment:  A Muse
Copic:  YG13, YG93, YR21, YR24
DP:  Cosmo Cricket Early Bird

3 comments:

Silvia said...

This is clever! I love your bookmark. Thanks for joining us at TPE!

Michelle said...

How neat! Love how you got all the recipe on this little bookmark! Thanks for joining us at FBW this week - keep fluttering :)

Basement Stamper said...

You deserved to win, this bookmark is too cute! And, I received this most adorable card in the mail today-thanks friend-my 10 yr old son even said I get the coolest cards! You are so sweet to think of me, thanks so much!