Saturday, August 14, 2010

Oh, Alice CHAPTER 26: Sizin' up a Sketch...

CHAPTER 26: Sizin' up a Sketch...

"The Caterpillar was the first to speak.

`What size do you want to be?' it asked.

`Oh, I'm not particular as to size,' Alice hastily replied; `only one doesn't like changing so often, you know.'

`I DON'T know,' said the Caterpillar.

Alice said nothing: she had never been so much contradicted in her life before, and she felt that she was losing her temper.

`Are you content now?' said the Caterpillar.

`Well, I should like to be a LITTLE larger, sir, if you wouldn't mind,' said Alice: `three inches is such a wretched height to be.'

`It is a very good height indeed!' said the Caterpillar angrily, rearing itself upright as it spoke (it was exactly three inches high).

`But I'm not used to it!' pleaded poor Alice in a piteous tone. And she thought of herself, `I wish the creatures wouldn't be so easily offended!'

`You'll get used to it in time,' said the Caterpillar; and it put the hookah into its mouth and began smoking again..."

Hello! How is everyone here in Wonderland today?

We are sizing up a GREAT sketch by JEN and the main panel just HAPPENS to be THREE. INCHES. TALL. :) Now, of course you don't have to stick to this if your image won't fit, but we didn't want to anger Mr. Caterpillar by saying that Three inches wasn't a respectable height, so here's the sketch: 

I decided to make a gift card set since I was already making 3 X 3 cards.  I just love this Reminisce Through the Looking Glass designer paper and had the sticker sheet that matched.  Each card is embossed with a different Cuttlebug folder (clockworks, queen of hearts, keys, and mushrooms) and scuffed with Stampin Up Ballet Blue ink so make the embossing pop. 
To make the holder I  found a template of A-2 size cards and cut down the measurements to work for the 3 X 3 size.  The border punch is from EK Success (Card Suits).  Now to find or make some little envelopes.

Check out the samples by our AWESOMELY Twisted team with the links on my side bar or see them all at the Oh, Alice blog.

9 comments:

Sammi @ Mad for Markers said...

oooh.. you have been busy! LOVE these cards Erin! Those stickers are so sweet!
xxx

WickedPixie said...

Rachel, these are FANTASTIC! I love those embossing folders with the images you used - I haven't even seen several of those folders and now I am wanting them! :-)Traci

Lynne Phelps said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this set!!! Now I see that I **NEED** more embossing folders, you know I have this addiction, LOL! What a wonderful job you have done with this set. It all works together so beautifully and it is so much FUN! The cards are wonderful and the box for the set is perfect. WONDERful job!!!

margie c said...

Awww, this is such an adorable set! LOVE these papers/stickers! So cute and fun :)
hugs, margie

Sara Henton said...

How freakin' adorable!! Just love this!!

Tasha said...

Erin this is so cute! Love the DP and the fab colours
love tasha xx

Big Sis said...

Too cute!

Peggy said...

These are so cute!!

Deconstructing Jen said...

WOW!!!! These are just amazing! I love love love all the images and your embossing/inking is wonderful. This is a gorgeous set! Hugs!!