Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Bachman's Fall Idea House 2010

Today I toured Buchman's Fall Idea House.  It was fabulous, if you love junk markets you will love this house.  My photos don't do it justice, it's a must see to believe. 

An old rake stuck into the center of this large pot, genius.
Old graters soldered together.
See the tablecloth?  It's kraft paper.
The place card holders are padlocks and the napkin rings the key.
Drawer pulls - Old Stamps

More old graters as the kitchen light.

Card catalog drawer

bread boards

The tables were made from rolls for newspapers.

The mirror is mounted on a chair back.
This headboard was made of bundled cedar planks.  You could smell the cedar in the whole room.
I love this light.  I think it's an old egg basket.

The boy room was adorable.  The old car hood had book shelves built into the sides and the hooks on the wall are old gas pumps.

The drawer handles are car window and door handles.

The chair is a school bus seat, the table is 3 old tires.
licence plate window treatment
The Glee Room
Big drum side table.
Piano keys on the wall, zylophone table





The curtain rods are rusty rebar.





Halloween Party in the garage.



I love the garden hose wreaths.


4 comments:

Meme said...

Very, very cool! Where is this Erin?
Looks like a place I would like to go.

Big Sis said...

I am so overwhelmed. HOW AWESOME! Can you imagine the insight it takes to come up with all of this? I want to live there. The odd thing is, in my house it would look like crap. But in this house it is gorgeous!

having a {me} day said...

WOW! Awesome! Thanks for sharing! I would love to see this for real! Keeleyxx

Lynne Phelps said...

Wow, this is neat - so much fun to see! Thanks for sharing all these photos and ideas, I will be looking at everything twice before I throw it away, wondering if it is really something else!