Saturday, September 11, 2010

Oh, Alice Chapter 30: Hey there, Nice Stems

Just as Alice said this, she noticed that one of the trees had a door leading right into it. `That's very curious!' she thought. `But everything's curious today. I think I may as well go in at once.' And in she went.
Once more she found herself in the long hall, and close to the little glass table. `Now, I'll manage better this time,' she said to herself, and began by taking the little golden key, and unlocking the door that led into the garden.


Then she went to work nibbling at the mushroom (she had kept a piece of it in her pocked) till she was about a foot high: then she walked down the little passage: and THEN--she found herself at last in the beautiful garden, among the bright flower-beds and the cool fountains..."

Hello out there! It's a lovely day here in Wonderland and we are celebrating the summer with a nature theme today! Well, TREES and FLOWERS to be more exact! We scored a GREAT sketch sponsored by PAGEMAPS today that is just perfect for today's theme:


Take a look at what the DT did with this amazing sketch.  You can link to their blogs from my sidebar.

I pulled out the old sewing machine and dusted it off for this card.  I think the sewing on the paper and the sewing of the lace ruffle took more time than making the rest of the card combined.

Stamp:  SU Branch Out, Pink Paislee Amber Road
DP:  Recollection Autumn
Inks - TH Vintage Photo Distress
Memento - Dandelion, Bamboo Leaves
Versa Magic - Mango Madness, Gingerbread
Colot Box Burnt Sienna

Stop by and visit us all at Oh, Alice.  Have a great week!

11 comments:

Lynne Phelps said...

Erin, I LOVE your card! The warm colors and these beautiful papers are fab, and the lace ruffle is spectacular! I have that tree set and you've made it look GREAT! I need to dust mine off and show it some love! Also received your WONDERFUL birthday card today, right on the big day, and showed it off to everyone! Thank you so much! :-)

Deconstructing Jen said...

Wow Erin! This is just amazing. I love the colors and that medallion is just gorgeous. Fabulous card!

Pauline said...

Oh this is gorgeous,love the sewing on your card, not something I'm brave enough to do! Hoping Santa may bring me a sewing machine for xmas! Love the autumn/fall colours and bg papers, very warm ans soothing, and love the medallion too!

Peggy said...

This is just breathtaking! Love the colors and the tree!

the whimsical butterfly said...

WOW Erin-this is just beautiful! I love how you stamped the tree, your gorgeous layers and that pretty lace-trimmed embellie-SOOO pretty!!!

the whimsical butterfly said...

WOW Erin-this is just beautiful! I love how you stamped the tree, your gorgeous layers and that pretty lace-trimmed embellie-SOOO pretty!!!

Creepy Glowbugg said...

Your card leaves me feeling all warm and cozy, like my feet buried in the sand on the beach. LOVE the colors!

Emma said...

It's starnge when you don't pick up your copics for your cards...hehe! I love the warn Autum colors you have used and that tree looks AMAZING!

margie c said...

What an amazing card, Erin! I love the lace with sentiment, like the sun! and the tree, hills, and sewing are stunning! Beautiful card :)
hugs, margie

Meme said...

Above and beyond, you knocked this out! Erin I fricken love this! You did that sketch PROUD!

Big Sis said...

GORGEOUS! Love what you did. Those colors are so warm and cozy. Makes me want an extra big sweatshirt and a cup of cocoa.