Saturday, September 25, 2010

Oh, Alice CHAPTER 32 & The Alice in ScrapFest Land Report

Down, down, down. Would the fall never come to an end!



"I wonder how many miles I've fallen by this time?' she said aloud. `I must be getting somewhere near the centre of the earth. Let me see: that would be four thousand miles down, I think--'"


(for, you see, Alice had learnt several things of this sort in her lessons in the schoolroom, and though this was not a very good opportunity for showing off her knowledge, as there was no one to listen to her, still it was good practice to say it over)


"yes, that's about the right distance--but then I wonder what Latitude or Longitude I've got to?' (Alice had no idea what Latitude was, or Longitude either, but thought they were nice grand words to say.)...

Hello from DOWN the RABBIT HOLE today, everyone!

I'm coming to you this week with a special Alice in ScrapFest Land Report.  I spent a extended weekend at the Mall of America attended the annual ScrapFest event.  I scrapped, stamped, and crafted my way through 3 days of classes, demos, and make and takes.  So what was one of the top trends?  Well, Graphic 45's Halloween in Wonderland design paper.  I some some beautiful projects and wanted to bring them all back for those of you that couldn't attend.  Enjoy!

This was a sample in the MOA Archivers store.
Archiver's was also holding a contest using 7 Gypsies trays.  Everyone was giving a voting slip at sign in to vote by project number.  I don't know who #28  is, so if it's you step forward so I can give you credit.  I loved the door knob and the wrote iron fence, so creative.

I fell in love with Graphic 45's booth.  They had the most beautiful projects on display. 



Did you spot the beautiful Steampunk dress form in the picture?  It was made by my good friend Donna.  You can see more of it and more Alice at her blog Meme's Art Place.

Isn't this a great idea?  Just some decorative bird houses covered in paper.  So simple, but so cool.
The last picture has nothing to do with Alice.  I noticed this card as one of Doodlebug Design's samples in the Archivers store.   Do you remember this sketch challenge from Chapter 30?
Well check out this card. 

I hope you enjoyed my journey in ScrapFest Land.  Make sure to check out the entire design teams projects this week at Oh, Alice or directly from the links in my side bar.  Leave the girls some love, they love to hear from you.

4 comments:

Grandma Jan said...

Love it all. What great designs!

margie c said...

Wow! What fab creations! It seems that you had a ton of fun there!
TFS with us :)
hugs, margie

Meme said...

Hey the dress form looks pretty good on the table. I never did see it on the table, so thanks! I love your take on scrapfest Alice. There sure was a lot of Halloween in Wonderland projects.

Lynne Phelps said...

LOVE all this inspiration, you make a great roving Oh, Alice! reporter! ;-)