Saturday, October 9, 2010

Oh, Alice CHAPTER 34: A Mad Tea-Party

`And ever since that,' the Hatter went on in a mournful tone, `he won't do a thing I ask! It's always six o'clock now.'
A bright idea came into Alice's head. `Is that the reason so many tea-things are put out here?' she asked.

`Yes, that's it,' said the Hatter with a sigh: `it's always tea-time, and we've no time to wash the things between whiles.'


`Then you keep moving round, I suppose?' said Alice.


`Exactly so,' said the Hatter: `as the things get used up.'


`But what happens when you come to the beginning again?' Alice ventured to ask.


~Chapter 7, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland


Awesome Wonderland greetings to all!
Can you believe summer is fairly over and the southern half of our planet is heading into spring? It's time to change from iced teas over to hot teas. I love autumn and all the wonderful warm drinks, wonderful sweaters and gorgeous colors it brings. Spring is my second favorite season, and still a wonderful time for tea! In Wonderland, it was perpetually tea time and I could live that life for a long, long time!

Your challenge this week is to explore things that could make up your tea-time activity. Use tea bag folding in the construction of your project. This is a great resource: Tea Bag Folding. Anything relating to time would pair perfectly with this challenge, but isn't a requirement! Show us your fab folding abilities, doing it Alice-style!

Check out these delectable samples from the Twisted Thirteen at Oh Alice or from my sidebar.

This card was a lot of fun to work on.  I love to try new techniques so when Ky told us we needed to use tea bag folding I was really excited.  It's fun and easy, and you can do it while you watch TV.  I would recommend you use a thinner paper than I did.  This Graphic 45 paper is very thick and was a little harder to fold.  I stacked my 3 folded medallions on top of each other and used a threaded button for the center.  It reminded me of a spider web so I added the little spider in the corner.
DP: Graphic 45 Halloween in Wonderland
Border Punch:  MS Spider Web
Tea Bag Folds:  Kite Fold, Arrow Fold, Waterbomb Fold.
You have until midnight Central time on Friday, October 15th to complete your project and link it up to the Oh Alice Challenge blog. You don't want to miss out on your chance of wining a 6x6 pad of Basic Grey papers! The clock is ticking - don't be Late for TEA!

7 comments:

Berenice R. said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks for sharing :)

Emma said...

Gorgeous Erin! Love your Tea Bag folding! And your sentiment looks awesome with that spider web border!

Meme said...

You never fail at a card! Your cards are always so perfect, colors, layout and now tea bag folding! Great, great job!

Tasha said...

Wow Erin this is fabulous! Love your tea bag folding and the fabulous papers
love tasha xx

Lynne Phelps said...

Wow, I LOVE your card! And three medallions, you over-achiever! I only made it through a half medallion. Love your paper choices, love the spider, I love everything. FAB card!

Deconstructing Jen said...

Oh my! this is just wow! Your papers are perfect together and there is soooo much dimension to your rosette! It's just amazing! WOW!

margie c said...

Amazing!!! I love how these papers look! and the spider there is the perfect touch! Beautiful job :)

PS - I had no idea that there was kite fold too! I just stopped halfway on making a part of the pinwheel, lol! Thanks for letting me know!

Happy Monday!
hugs, margie