Saturday, October 30, 2010

Oh, Alice CHAPTER 37: Halloween in WONDERLAND...

Hey everyone!
We have a "just for fun" post today here in Wonderland that doesn't follow a book excerpt or poem...just a good ol' fashioned HALLOWEEN theme!

Well, tomorrow is Halloween and it's time to showcase some fun projects, and many of us are using the Graphic 45 special line of papers, Halloween in Wonderland!

For my card I used the Graphic 45 designer paper Halloween in Wonderland.  I distressed the edges and scuffed them with black ink.  The sketch I used is from Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge #97.  I curled the corner of one of the papers and pinned it up with a black brad.  On the tag I used Tim Holtz Distress Stickles in Shabby Shutter on the leaves of the pumpkin vine and the ribbon on her hat applying it with a paint brush.  For a little more shine I added Smooch in Illuminate to the pumpkins and topped it all off with some black and orange lace.
We really hope you enjoy our projects today and that you feel like playing along! Today our VERY generous DT member Ky is offering up a set of Alice stamps by Elaine Cox!

Well, it's time to get ghoulish here in Wonderland! Play along with us using the InLinkz at Oh, Alice and you have until Friday, November 5th at 8pm CST to do so! We can't WAIT to see your fang-tastic Halloween creations, everyone ;) Good luck and thanks for tuning in, as always!

7 comments:

Sammi said...

I love this Erin! Gorgeous job!!
Sammi
xx

Sam said...

Wow wow wow, I just love these papers, your card is fantastic, x

Peggy said...

Gorgeous card Erin! Love all the papers and layout!

Tasha said...

Fantastic card Erin! Love the layout and fab use of DP
love tasha xx

Meme said...

Erin~Oh this is great, you did a great job, love the colors and of course the papers. Love it!

Ummm I might need to get some Alice images....I will be around for a bit longer!

the whimsical butterfly said...

This is just gorgeous, Erin! I really love the tag you created and the other dimensions of the card like that pretty netted lace ribbon in the black and orange. beautiful halloween creation!

Lynne Phelps said...

LOVE the distressed edges with black ink, that is a GREAT look and I will be totally copying you! Your tag is WONDERful, love the lace tie! The beautiful mix of fall colors in all the papers is so appealing and helps to make this an autumn card as well as a Halloween card, it has a lovely harvest season feeling! Great card!