Monday, November 29, 2010

I think he is happy here.

Well I think our new family member is happy in his new home.  He is the most relaxed kitten I've ever seen.  Not one scratch yet, not even on the dog.  If you put him on your lap he is happy to stay as long as you let him.  The best thing is he loves my craft room.  Lots of little knocks and crannies to hide from a 5 year old and a 65 lbs. Golden Retriever.  His favorite spot is under my Ott Lites so I moved his bed right next to me.  I guess it's because of the warmth they put off. 
There has been a lot of discussion regarding his name.  I still can't get Pea or hubby to stop calling him a her.  Buddha just isn't fitting him, so I think we are changing it.  Not sure why it matters to my husband since every cat we have ever owned has been called Puss by him.  So we think the new name is Lutefisk.  What is Lutefisk you ask?  Lutefisk is a traditional dish of the Nordic countries and parts of the Midwest United States. It is made from stockfish (air-dried whitefish) or dried/salted whitefish (klippfisk) and lye (lut). Its name literally means "lye fish."  Discusting right, it's a big Christmas thing for the large Swedish and Norwegian population in the Twin Cities area.  I've never tried it, but have poked at the gross looking frozen bags of it at Ikea and the grocery.  So why name the cat Lutefisk?  It just sounds like a cats name to me.  The bonus, we can call him Fiskars for short.  Fiskars is a great name for a crafty cat don't you think?

I guess I'm starting to sound like a crazy cat lady.  I'll try to stop posting pictures (I said try).


2 comments:

Minxy said...

OMG How darn cute... you carry on crazy cat lady, you carry on lol

Michelle VP said...

Congrats on your new kitty! Such sweet pictures! :) Love the nickname Fiskars - especially with the photos of him on your craft table. We adopted a kitten from the shelter at the end of the summer and she is also very relaxed and sweet and a good companion for our standard poodle. Pets bring so much joy [grin].