Saturday, November 20, 2010

Oh, Alice Chapter 40: Hooka Are You?

"Who are YOU?" said the Caterpillar.

This was not an encouraging opening for a conversation. Alice replied, rather shyly, "I--I hardly know, sir, just at present-- at least I know who I WAS when I got up this morning, but I think I must have been changed several times since then."

~Alice's Adventures in Wonderland,Chapter 5

Welcome to the mad world of Wonderland! Once again we are here to inspire you to create great things! The Caterpillar (Absalom) was the wisest creature in Wonderland. At least he thought so, and so did most of the others.

He is a fascinating character because of his wisdom, and his lack of understanding metamorphosis. Kind of a weird oxymoron, don't you think? Our challenge this week is to use either a caterpillar or a butterfly in your project. If you'd like to go one step farther, use a definition or dictionary paper in your design (any subject is fine).

If you are fortunate, you may find yourself wisely winning your choice of three 4x6 reprints from our sponsor, Maigan Lynn Beaudoin Shaw. FanTASTic!! Maigan is such a delightful artist, and the team appreciates the chance to work with one of her images!

My mojo was on vacation this week, sad to say.  This was one of those cards that the more I did the worse it got.  I've pulled it apart and remade it a few times.  I just don't think I'm going to ever be happy with it.  I used the sketch from Truly Scrumptious Challenge 45 Happy Birthday.  I colored the image with color pencil then used Gamsol to blend it.  All the punches are from Martha Stewart.  I think I have every butterfly she has ever put out.  I used a Hero Arts friend definition stamp to stamp the punched butterflies.  The pink and teal cardstock is shimmery so I used StazOn for the stamping.  The sentiment is from sweet Pea.  I'm also going to enter this is Flutter by Wednesday's Challenge #131.



Remember, you have all week to play this challenge! Link your project to the Oh Alice! Challenge blog and HAVE FUN! You have until Friday Nov. 26th at 11:59 CST to get inky and enter to win! Happy creating!!

6 comments:

Peggy said...

Gorgeous card! Love the butterfly borders!

Meme said...

Erin she turned out beautiful! It is funny how everybody is kinda in the same color scheme.

Danni said...

I think it's a fine card!! So many fun elements and very colorful! Great job! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Tracy Evans said...

Lovely piece Erin, really like the addition of the punched butterflies along the adge and the large single butterfly is gorgeous. Tracy Evans x

the whimsical butterfly said...

GIrl, where do I START? Wowza-so much work went into this! LOVE the coloring on the image, love that butterfly punch, and I TOTALLY adore how you incorporate the newsprint text into the butterflies you punched out! Genius!

Michele said...

Such a pretty card Erin. Thanks for joining us this week at TS. Hugs Michele x