Sunday, December 5, 2010

Buckeye Recipe Wanted

We have spent a busy weekend baking at our house.  No crafting for me, but I have been doing lots of dishes.  We started with buckeyes.  I remember my mother always getting these in cookie swaps when I was young.  Chocolate and peanut butter, how can you go wrong.  Well the recipe I used didn't turn out so great.  The peanut butter ball was to sweet, maybe to much powdered sugar, not creamy like I remember them.  So here is what I would love to know.  Do you have a good buckeye recipe?  If so, please leave it in the comments for me.  Thanks.
We couldn't let the left over chocolate go to waste.  Chocolate covered pretzels anyone?
Today we decorated the sugar cookies. 
We also made baklava.  Tim did the layering of the pastry while Pea and I painted on the butter.  It turned out amazing!

2 comments:

Tracey Feeger said...

Erin your DD is so adorable. Sorry can't help with the Buckeyes. Here in Oz I have never heard of them. Did you do a google search...?? Good luck with your search. Cookies look fab.
mwah
Trace

Big Sis said...

Wish I was there. I will call you later with my recipe.