Friday, December 31, 2010

Recipe: Hot Chicken Salad

This is another recipe that was passed on to me years ago.  It makes a huge amount, so I ended up bringing half over to the neighbors for dinner.  Next time I'm going to leave the croutons out to see if it make a difference.

4C cubed chicken (I'm lazy, so I just deboned a rotisserie chicken.  It was a little more than 4 cups)
2C diced celery
1C water chestnuts chopped
1 1/2 C mayo
sliced almonds (small bag) browned in butter
4T lemon juice
1 can cream of chicken soup (undiluted)
3Tbs. onion chopped
1tsp. salt
1tsp. garlic powder
2C grated cheddar cheese
2 1/2C croutons
potato chips crushed

combine all ingredients - top with potato chips
bake at 350 for 25 min. or until bubbly.  Serve hot
may be made the day before and baked the day you serve

No comments: