Monday, February 14, 2011

Pixie Dust Studio: Have a Ball Sneak Peak

It's day 2 of the Pixie Dust Sneak Peaks.  Tomorrow the whole collection will be available to you here
For my project today I used Belle of the Ball.  I loved the masquerade mask she is holding and thought I would make my own.  I found the template here. I traced it onto green glittered cardstock and cut it out.  I found a bag of feathers are Michaels in just the Mardi Gras colors of green, gold, and purple (purple represents justice; green, faith; and gold, power).  The bling around the edges also came from Michaels on a spool like ribbon.  The stick is a dowel rod cut in half and covered in yellow ribbon.  The purple streamers are attached to the top of the stick.  I colored Belle with Copic markers and attached her with foam tape.

2 comments:

Mrs Weyremaster said...

That's awesome, I love it:)
Suzi
xxx

Tasha said...

This is so stunning Erin! I adore the colour combo you went with and the fabulous feathers
love tasha xx