Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Some Miscellaneous

Nothing crafty today, just some miscellaneous.  This weekend my 5 year old and I went to a program at her school about Minnesota children's authors and illustrators.  We had a great time listening to stories and making crafts.  We meet illustrator Mike Wohnautka in our last session.  He did the illustrations for the book Can't Sleep Without Sheep.  He also illustrated one of our favorite books The Twelve Days of Christmas in Minnesota.
He told the kids about drawing and how he starts a book.  He drew this picture and gave it to Pea.  How perfect, a pig tailed girl with a pig flying over her bed. (Pea LOVES pigs.)  It was meant to be.  We ran out to Micheals and got a poster frame for her room. 

One last miscellaneous thing.  Look what I won from Copic.

Now I have to decide what to stick it on.

Come back tomorrow for the next challenge from Pixie Dust Studio.

3 comments:

Ann Leek said...

I bet she is in seventh heaven!

Lola Azul said...

I like Mike Wonautka's pictures. I love illustrations for children and now I have other artist from whom I have to learn. Thanks for your words!.

Meme/Donna said...

That's awesome! Did she just love it?