Thursday, April 21, 2011

Pixie Dust Studio Challenge - Spring Forward

This weeks challenge at Pixie Dust Studio is "Spring Forward"  All you have to do is create a spring or Easter card/project using pastel-like colors.

Is everyone ready for Easter?  I picked up the rest of my goodies at Target today.  Boy can candy add up quick!  I did get the annual package of Peeps.  I used to love them as a kid, now I think they are disgusting.  They are just so stinkin' cute (I got the purple ones).  I'm planing on trying something new with them this year.  I was told that they make great smores.  We are going camping next month so I'll try it then (I hope they don't go stale).  Has anyone every tried this?  I'd love to hear what you thought.

The sketch I used is from the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #113.  I combined it with the Colour Q #81 Challenge and Flutter By Wednesday Challenge #151.  This sweet little bunny is Peter the Rabbit, you can find him here.

Copic B00, 01, 02
Y21, 23, 32
RV00, 10, 11
Embossing Folder:  Birds & Swirls
Clouds: My Favorite Things
Embosslits Beautiful Wing
Grass Punch:  Martha S.
I hope you play along with us this week!
Thanks for stopping by!
Remember to link your creation to the challenge blog no later then 6pm (GMT) Wednesday, April 27th!

6 comments:

Ann Leek said...

I've heard that too. They say the sugar carmelizes. I never liked Peeps until Missy gave me one out of the refrigerator. They are awesome like that. Happy Easter to Pea!!

Danni said...

So cute!! Just makes you smile! thanks for joining us at FBW this week!!

margie c said...

I adore what you did with Bunny Peter! Love him in blue! and the flutter-y scene is so sweet!

I used to looove Peeps too! but not anymore, lol! and if you don't open the package, they're good for another year or so (ewww, I know!)

hugs, margie

suzARTe said...

such a gorgeous card, the main image looks fantastic.

Whoever gets this card will have a very Happy Easter :)

Noelle said...

What a cute image! I love what you did with the colors:) Thanks for playing at CQC this week!

Sandy Ang said...

It's so cute the blue bunny with all the stitches and patches!