Thursday, June 2, 2011

Pixie Dust Studio Challenge - "Homemade Sweet Homemade"

Happy Thursday Pixie Friends :)

It's time for a new challenge this week!


This week's challenge is to create all of your embellies yourself!

Homemade embellies only, please :)

My image is my embellishment on this card.  I started with 2 copies of the image.  I colored the dog and his pin of one, and everything but what is inside the frame of the window on the other.  Cut out the window area with an exacto knife.  Then replaced the paper with acetate.  I used a Sharpie paint marker with extra fine point to write SALE.  Then used foam tape around the window.  I made my shredded news paper out of a tiny newsprint from the Tim Holtz Paper Stash pad.  Then add the puppy for the back side of the "box" with the shredded paper inside. 

The sketch is from Card Patterns Sketch 117 challenge.
Copic:  YR04, 07, 09
B12, 14, 21, 23, 37, 39
E55, 57, 59
YG07, 17, 67
DP:  Bo Bunny Pet Shop Words
Ribbon:  A Muse
Make sure you visit all the Pixies (in my sidebar).

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget the tomorrow is the BIG RELEASE at Pixie Dust!

Remember to link your creation to the challenge blog no later then 6pm (GMT) Wednesday, June 8th!

1 comment:

whoistracy said...

How cute Erin! Love the bright colors you used here. So glad you could play along with us on Card Patterns this week!