Monday, December 12, 2011

Happy Anniversary

Last week was my wedding anniversary and I made a card for hubby. 
I just got this great tree stamp from Unity.  It's called So & So Loves.  I did a lot of fussy cutting and paper pieced the whole thing in layers so I could have the blue snowy sky in the back, then the tan to be the carved out part of the tree, and then the wood grain (October Afternoon Weather Vane) on top.  The little cardinal is colored in Copic marker.  The snow added to the tree is white India ink.
Now to make a Mr. and Mrs.  They are both pieces of different stamps.  She is Miss Anya Lunge and Special Autumn, he is My Guy Ian and Miss Anya Lounge.  Hubby is a hiker so I had to get that backpack in.

The sentiment is from Papertrey Mixed Messages, and the tag is Jar Label Die.  Twine from the Twinery in Maraschino.  I distressed the BasicGrey Blitzen paper with distress ink in tea dye.

I'm entering this in 3 challenges:

2 comments:

Janine said...

great idea
for your hubby
congratzzz
thanks for playing with the anyone for anya challenge this week

janine dt afa

Mary J said...

What another great idea, Erin! Congrats to you both!