Friday, April 20, 2012

Day 6 of Vacation: Magic Kingdom

After a day of rest we were ready to hit the Magic Kingdom early in the morning.  P and I were the first people on It's A Small World, then ran around riding all the Fantasyland rides before the park officially opened for the day.
This is were things start to go wrong.  We head over to Frontier Land for the jungle cruise.  Tim says he has that feeling.  He is known for getting kidney stones at the worst times possible and here he goes again.  He sits for a while to see if the pain gets worse and it does.  So he decided to go to the first aid building to rest and see if it gets worse.  It does and he ends up being taken by ambulance to the hospital.  He wanted us to keep going at the park, no sense on us sitting at a hospital all day.  So it was just me an P for the rest of the day. 

On a very happy note this was also the day that turned out to be P's highlight of the trip.  We had jumped on Aladdin's Magic Carpet ride (like dumbo but carpets and they bounce up and down more).  All the carpets had people on them when guess who asked if they could ride with us in ours? 
That's right, the Aladdin and Jasmine!  Jasmine told us a story about how the first time they rode a magic carpet Abu (the monkey) got carpet sick.
P loved all the special treatment.
We explored Tom Sawyer Island next.  P like shooting the guns out of the fort and thought she should have a cave, mine, and fort at home to play in.
We explored Cinderella's Castle.  This is as close to anything princess I got her on the whole trip.
At this point it was getting very hot out.  We found a spot for the parade and paid $17 for a spray bottle of ice water with a fan on it.
We headed back to the resort to swim and wait to hear more from Tim about his kidney stone.  By about 6:00 he was headed back to the resort after a morphine IV and being given pain meds. to take "while it passes".  As of today he still has not passed this 6mm stone.  His Dr. here said it's wedged above his bladder and could sit for months without moving again.  He came back to our room after having the cab driver stop a Chick Fil A (one of my fav's) on the way home from the hospital.  I thought he would want to sleep after all the drugs they gave him.  He said lets go to the light parade and fireworks instead of wasting more time.  I told him it would be great with the morphine he was on, he would see lights no one else gets to.
P feel asleep waiting for the parade to start, but be woke her once it began.

Up next:  Animal Kingdom

No comments: