Tuesday, May 1, 2012

I finally made something!

I finally got a chance to craft this weekend.  My friend is having a baby and asked me to make her thank you notes for her.  Saturday I had a get together with some crafty friends and so I had some dedicated time to craft.  Here is what I made.
She asked for pink and brown and left the rest up to me, so I hope she likes them.

Wish me luck.  I'm having a yard sale the next 4 days and hope to make enough to cover the cost of a new camera.  I got the bad news that my Nikon D40 was fried by the salt water that Shamu splashed it with.  It was only 3 years old but the camera store talked like I was driving a 1971 Pinto.  Since it's "outdated" it seems like a better idea to replace instead of repair for over half what the camera cost to start with.  Nikon D5100 you will be mine!  Once this yard sale is over I hope to get back to crafting, but it seems that everyone else has plans for me lately.  Just a month until school is out and I will have no free time.  I'm still taking knitting classes and have finished 1 mitten.  I may have to cut my other hand off if I never finish second mitten.


1 comment:

Musings from Minnesota said...

Love the cards. With all the excitement last weekend I didn't have a chance to see them.

I think you have time to finish that mitten. If we're lucky we won't have snow again for at least 5 months.

Good luck on the garage sale. Hope to see you soon at a craft event near us.