Tuesday, May 29, 2012

A little decorating

Here is what I've been up to instead of crafting.  The summer crazy has already started at our house.  Relatives coming and going, time outside getting the yard ready, and my favorite thing garage sale season.  Not much crafting has been going on here, but I have been busy doing some decorating.

We hit the farmers market and have the front porch all ready for the season. I used a red, yellow, white, and green theme this year.  I have had the chair forever.  It used to be white and sat in my childhood bedroom.  We painted it yellow a few years ago.  The yellow enamel bowl is a yard sale find ($1).  I won the iron heart plant hanger last year at Dan Patch Days.  I also have a three tiered red wire basket to hang from the ceiling, just have to get hubby to put the hook up for me.

I used some of my favorite tin trays for wall art.  You can always find them cheep (around $2) at junk markets.  I just punch holes in the edge with the Big Bite and thread ribbon through them. 

 The little glass jar on the table I found at a junk market.  It was missing it's lid, but perfect for a flower pot.  The little yellow trimmed linen napkin is a yard sale find (.50).  The little green watering can is a junk market find.  I always have basil in the yellow pot.  I love to get a really good tomato and some fresh mozzarella and make caprese salad in the summer. 


I had this yellow wire egg basket and put a flower pot inside.  The little green boots are grown cat grass for Puss.
I found this red wagon "box" at the junk market.  I love the graphic on it.  I have a collection of old faucet knobs in it.  I just need about 25 more to make it look right.  Anybody have any of these lying around, send them my way.

Here is another project.  I've had this done for some time now, I just never got around to posting pictures.
The original idea for this project came from the Bachman Fall 2010 House.
Here is the inspiration picture for the house.

My mom found large chair at a church sale.  They aren't the easiest to find.  I had it for over a year before I ran across a child's size one at the junk market.  I took it as a sign.  I took them both to my local glass and mirror cutter and they made templates and cut the mirror for me.  This isn't the cheapest thing in the world, about $25 each.  They gave me the special glue to use and I glued the mirrors in myself.  They are in the stairwell on the top floor.

Before


Next project is stripping a garage sale find shelf that looks to have about 10 coats of paint on it.  Wish me luck!

No comments: